Associate Engineer, Network
Date: 25 Oct 2023
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what its like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, lets create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
Be a Part of Something BIG!
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Associate Engineer to join our Network & Security Operations team. The Associate Engineer will play a key role in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our network infrastructure. This individual will work closely with senior network engineers and IT professionals to ensure the availability, performance, and security of our network services.
- Proactive monitoring and Incident/Fault management for Corp IP Infrastructure
- Ensure that technical and managerial escalation and communication to stake holders are done whenever necessary
- Managing Corp IP network hardware faults promptly including tracking of time taken for diagnosis, RMA dispatch, replacement of faulty unit and return of faulty unit.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal stake holders , providers and partners to ensure swift and efficient resolution of faults
- Schedule and execute break-fix changes to mitigate infrastructure faults.
- Impact analysis on scheduled changes / faults / outage on provider and internal networks.(e.g. Fiber cuts , Fiber diversions , submarine cable failure etc.)
- Identify areas of improvements to reduce Infrastructure faults and improve monitoring capability.
- Generating daily , weekly and monthly report on Infrastructure fault rate and trending
- Knowledge on Juniper and Cisco devices
- Some knowledge on SDH network.
- Required to carry out staggered duties and rotational standby duties after office hours
- A good Diploma in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems from a recognized institution
- 1 2 years of hands-on experience
- Understanding of Internet routing protocols and technologies including TCP/IP, OSFP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS etc.
- Knowledge of routers/switches architecture and analytical and trouble-shooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
- Those who have the followings will have added advantage:
- Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP) or Juniper certifications (JNCIA, JNCIS)
- Working experience in the operation of IP network of global service providers.
- Experience and strong understanding in Systems such as Servers, Firewall, Storage.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of office applications skills e.g. Excel, Visio, Word.
- Self-starter and highly driven with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.