Associate Engineer, Mobile IP (Networks)
Date: 28 Oct 2023
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what its like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, lets create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Singtel Networks, the most established telecommunications infrastructure provider in Singapore is transforming to enable the digital generation of tomorrow. We are introducing new capabilities in 5G, Cloud, Analytics, Digital Commerce, Software Engineering, Cyber Security to enhance our core competencies and deliver innovative and differentiated Mobile and Fixed services (Broadband, TV and Telephony) for our customers. We are committed to celebrating inclusion and diversity and is a strong believer to upskill and nurture all individuals. Come join us today as we build Singtels Networks of tomorrow, and Empower Every Generation to live, work and play in new ways!
Make an Impact by:
- Implementation of routing, switching, and security policies of IP core networks serving the mobile network and associated value-added systems.
- Install or supervise of installation of new hardware in WAN/LAN infrastructure.
- To effectively perform risk assessment and impact on services/network based on the proposed scope of implementation and provide risk mitigation measures or implementation alternatives to ensure successful implementation with minimum services/network impact.
- Perform network node administration and security audits on Cisco/Juniper switches/routers and Juniper/CheckPoint firewalls, inclusive of routine preventive and corrective maintenance of the network nodes, so as to implement, test, and roll out new mobile-related products and services.
- Provide 24 x 7 3rd tier technical and operational support to the IP core networks and handle any customer fault escalation.
- Create and maintain engineering blueprint documentation for the mobile IP core networks and update the documentation on a continual basis as the IP core networks evolve.
- Manage IP workflow day-to-day IP requests and user troubleshooting (non-project).
- Provide engineering support/expertise to Planning and Product Marketing in technical feasibility studies of new products and services, POC (Proof of Concept)/Trials, inclusive of fast IP setup for new corporate GPRS/3G/4G data customers.
- Administration of training/operating/capital expenditures, inclusive of negotiation/renewal of maintenance contracts.
Skills for Success:
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering/Computer Science/ Info Communications Technology from a recognized institution.
- Strong interest in developing IP networking.
- Good working knowledge of L2/L3 switching and MPLS, OSPF and BGP routing over geographical large scale WAN/LAN mobile networks. CCNA/CCNP qualifications will be advantageous
- Possess good analytical and trouble-shooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.