Associate Engineer, Mobile Data (Networks)
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Singtel Networks, the most established telecommunications infrastructure provider in Singapore is transforming to enable the digital generation of tomorrow. We are introducing new capabilities in 5G, Cloud, Analytics, Digital Commerce, Software Engineering, Cyber Security to enhance our core competencies and deliver innovative and differentiated Mobile and Fixed services (Broadband, TV and Telephony) for our customers. We are committed to celebrating inclusion and diversity and is a strong believer to upskill and nurture all individuals. Come join us today as we build Singtel’s Networks of tomorrow, and Empower Every Generation to live, work and play in new ways!
- Responsible for the operations of the mobile PNF (Physical Network Function) and VNF (Virtualized Network Function) platforms are being maintained optimally.
- Carry out Mobile Data Network change management including patch loading, implementation of software, hardware upgrades and configuration changes on mobile data core network elements like Mobility Management Entity (MME), Gateways (SGW/PGW), Diameter Edge Agent(DEA), Radius, DNS, AMF,SMF,UPF and its support nodes in a hybrid (Native/ Virtualized/Containerized ) environment. The service supported by us includes 3G/.4G & 5G.
- Work on network / service automation including testing and rolling out new mobile-related products and services.
- As upgrades and patch loading may disrupt mobile services the successful candidate is will need to work outside normal working hours to carry out such activities.
- Troubleshoot and perform root causes failure analysis for software & hardware faults related to the network nodes.
- Provide engineering support / expertise to Planning and Product Marketing in technical feasibility studies and trials of new products and services.
- Review existing best practices and processes for system acceptance testing and introduce preventive or optimized measures to improve the network quality cum resilience in a proactive manner.
The Ideal candidate should possess:
Diploma in Electronics Engineering/ Wireless Data Communications.
1 year of related Teloc experience.
Must be self-driven and energized to embrace new technology and also develop ways to improve customer experience.
Strong interest in system and process automation with good knowledge in automation tools e.g. Ansible. Resolve, UI Patch, RPA.
Familiar with Mobile technology such as UMTS, LTE and 5G operating in both native and virtualized environment.
Certification in CCNA and/or CCNP is desirable as IP technologies are increasingly being deployed in mobile network.
- The successful candidate is required to be on 24/7 standby alert to handle unplanned system faults and/or service degradation.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.