Associate Engineer, Corporate Facilities (2 Years Contract)
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
- Assist in reviewing all M&E related project design, contract documentation, contractor submission, procurement documents, tender package, show drawings, RFIs. etc., in accordance to Singapore Standards, Singtel and other authorities’ requirements.
- Provide M&E related technical solutions throughout the life cycle of a technical service / project whilst assisting stakeholders to overcome any technical issues.
- Assist project manager to manage, plan, coordinate and liaise with internal stakeholders, consultants, main-con, sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers who are involved in the engineering, operations, testing and commissioning aspects of the project.
- Conduct periodic checks of M&E and building facilities for equipment/system improvements, cyclical replacement of ageing, end-of-life/support equipment to ensure operational readiness of essential M&E and building services.
- Attend and participate in all relevant project review meetings, site meetings, design meetings and other project relevant discussions/meetings.
- Communicates effectively with various internal stakeholders and make recommendations on how to improve the system and carry out the implementation plan with the relevant building facilities managers.
- Assist project manager for contract management including preparation of sourcing bids, until calling of tenders, quotations, evaluation, negotiation, drafting, preparation of adjudication papers, presentation to management for contract awards, contract binding and administering contracts and payments for M&E services.
- Assist project manager to leads and manage technical consultancy assignments which involve specialists from various disciplines and takes responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of the team’s recommendations.
- Assist to prepare and manage in the finalisation of CAPEX budgeting towards AOP, including formulating programs and implementation plans, detailed project budgets and schedules and managing the cash flows and spending.
- Support in the company’s high-level tender bid for future business plans; by studying the CFP and details of tender bids, including provide system proposals for submission and providing prompt response to bid queries and clarifications.
- Diploma qualified (Building / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent.
- Possess at least 3 – 5 year’s working experience in managing facilities or building electrical and mechanical system.
- Understand basic architectural design requirements, applicable codes, as well as all associated development/construction due diligence reporting.
- Experience in managing consultants, contractors, and cost procurement such as budget and cost allocation. Ability to organize and manage multiple projects effectively, to manage cost control systems, review, and analysis.
- Possess positive working attitude and team players.
- Effective co-ordination skills and perform multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.