Date: 17 Jan 2024
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
Be a Part of Something BIG!
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Associate Engineer to join our Outside Plant Engineering team. As an Associate Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the maintenance of our outside plant infrastructure. This position requires a strong foundation in engineering principles, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Make an Impact by
- To achieve Customer Experience (CE) survey score KPI.
- To provide provisioning update and respond to customer enquiries.
- To coordinate with customer for service delivery issue.
- Attend customer business review meetings; areas covered will include performance reports, service improvements, quality and processes.
- To meet to customer on site to clarify issue if required.
- To carry out investigation for Internal Singtel escalations or external Singtel customer, other ministries escalation such as IMDA etc.
- To be able to work closely with both external and internal parties to deliver the service to customer
- To perform order management of fibre based product and ensure orders are commissioned on CRD (Customer request date)
- To conduct site survey and brief Customers on service delivery needs and requirement at customer sites.
- To follow up and liaise with relevant team within Singtel and contractors to resolve day to day operation issue arising from the delivery of fibre service.
- To ensure contractor closes Site survey task in WFM and Pegasus upon job done within 2hours once reporting is out.
- To assist Manager to compiling weekly and monthly statistical report.
- To handle escalation orders and flag out when by the progress is not meeting the milestones.
Skills for Success
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Min 2 – 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge in WAN technologies – Layer 1. (e.g.: Leased Line, Internet, Metro Ethernet, SD WAN, etc).
- Experience in corporate telecommunications and networking are added advantage.
- Have a passion for customer service and possess excellent customer handling skills.
- Possess interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Good at planning and organization.
- Independent and capable of decision making and problem solving.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently under pressure.
- Good communication and written skills in English or Bilingual preferred.
- Good in report writing and presentation skill.
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.