Associate Director, Operations
Date: 6 Nov 2023
Be a Part of Something BIG!
Keen to join the Data Centre Industry or already in the Industry? Singtel, an established and the leading operator of high-quality Data Centres in Singapore is on the lookout for new talents to join the team as we seek to grow our Data Centres portfolio in Singapore and regionally.
Make an Impact by
- To review and reform the existing Data Centre network and IT system.
- To develop and integrate the existing Building Management System (BMS) and Environmental Monitoring System (EMS).
- To introduce IOT sensors for Artificial Intelligence and to collect data for Machine Learning implementation.
- Manage the department by providing leadership, coaching, training, and mentorship and overall development of the employees.
- Manage resources in manpower, capital, and operating expenses within the team. Ensure resources are leveraged at the most optimum, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Work with Procurement on all the tender processes and internal team on the specifications/requirements, to ensure all contracts and tenders are process in accordance to Singtel’s policies. Work with Project team on submitted tender, evaluate feasibility, life cycle cost and maintenance requirements of the design, equipment and services rendered.
- Update senior management on overall performance status and activities for the department.
- Strategize and lead the department towards centralization, digitalization, and data analytical to improve Data Center resiliencies and efficiencies.
Skills for Success
- Degree/Diploma in IT Network, Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services, Facilities Management, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in mission critical facilities.
- Manage the relationship with the client, vendor and all stakeholders.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Ability to effectively respond to all issues, complex enquiries or complaints from customers, users and/or higher management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge in DC Network, IT integration, BMS and EMS.
- Knowledge in deployment of IOT, AI and ML for predictive O&M.
- Knowledge in Data Centre/Critical Services management.
- Knowledge on authority regulations such as Electrical, ACMV, security, fire and workplace safety
- Experience in dealing with various external stakeholders such as consultants, contractors or service vendors.
- Knowledge in TIA 942, ISO27001, SS 564, OSPAR, TVRA, SOC Type I/II
- Network and IT Expertise
- Singapore Certified Energy Manager
- Fire Safety Manager
- Licenced Electrical Worker (preference)
- Operational Technology (OT)
Rewards that Go Beyond
- Full suite of health and wellness benefits
- Ongoing training and development programs
- Internal mobility opportunities
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.