: 08/Sep/2022, 10:21:36 AM
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
The Role Responsibilities
The role is responsible for providing technical review of Risk Based Rules utilised within the Conduct, Financial Crime & Compliance (“CFCC”) processes (e.g. transaction monitoring, screening, client due diligence) to ensure that risks are identified, understood and managed. The technical review and challenge of risk-based rules will cover design, development logic, performance testing and monitoring and will be required for material rules periodically and when major changes are proposed.
As part of the Models & Rules team within the Group AML 2LOD function, the role is responsible for ensuring that the methodologies, assumptions and logic used to develop and deploy risk-based rules are fit for purpose and that risks to the FC controls are identified. It is also responsible for checking or providing assurance that the models and rules are compliant with internal standards (i.e., CDD, Group Transaction Monitoring, Screening, Data Management & Responsible AI, Group Model Risk Policy and other CFCC policies, as applicable). The role-holder is expected to liaise with various stakeholders from 1LOD, 2LOD and 3LOD in different stages of the review process to ensure full understanding of the FC risk, and that such risk is appropriately measured, monitored, and mitigated.
- Assist with establishment of technical review process for risk-based rules.
- Execute reviews in collaboration with other members of Group AML team and other 2nd line teams (where applicable) to ensure holistic review of FC processes.
- Analysis of algorithm design, development logic, performance evaluation, implementation logic (including replication and/or challenger approaches in SAS, Python, R or similar programming software).
- Identification and impact analysis of risks (model, data, operational) within rules and algorithms
- Provide a risk-based review of data integrity, processing and quality of the datasets
- Advise on model & rule performance as well as performance testing regime, using statistical approaches and communicate such in a manner that is understood both by technical and non-technical audience.
- Liaise with Group AML Policy team and Model/Rule owners to ensure appropriate interpretation of requirements affecting models and rules.
- Support the model validation process by advising on issues and evaluating them from FC risk perspective.
- Support governance of CFCC models and provide review & challenge to development teams
- Analyse the impact of material changes to rules/models on FC risk management.
- Support establishment of FCC Model & Rules Committee.
- Represent Group AML team in other technical working groups (regional, project-specific).
- Ensure Group AML team remains updated on latest approaches and techniques across the industry.
- Liaise with business, advisory and country teams or other 2nd line teams to ensure understanding of risk emergence is reflected in models/rules.
- Responsible for supporting the periodic cycle of model reviews performed by Group Model Validation (GMV) in accordance with the prevailing Group and Model Family Standards. Providing the relevant FC understanding on model issues and concerns raised to ensure these are communicated properly to the 1LOD.
- Perform iterative data or model analysis to provide solutions to business and stakeholders’ challenges particularly if there are any changes arising from emerging risks, policy, and process changes, and evolving regulatory landscape
- Support local audit and regulatory reviews of rules/models.
- Collate users or business or risk owners view to ensure that the risks are understood and appropriately reflected in models and rules within FC processes. This includes opining on whether the approach to data sourcing is appropriate and providing insights through data analysis to translate user requirements to defensible and sustainable approaches.
- Establish and execute review process for risk-based rules.
- Establish and execute process for ad hoc review requests
- Establish and execute controls (i.e., peer review process) to ensure that the model or rules review performed by the team is timely and accurate, and within the team’s mandate.
- Provide oversight across the different stages: development, implementation/maintenance, and validation process ensuring that all FC risks are understood and mitigated or escalated to the FCC Models and Rule committee.
- Ensure that independent reviews performed on Models and RBRs are documented per the prevailing Group Standards.
- Perform periodic reviews of outstanding issues arising from the independent reviews and ensure that these are tracked to completion or if it requires escalation to the FCC Models and Rules Committee.
People and Talent
- Support the effective management of resources in the team by escalating show-stoppers to team management
- Remain for seeking development opportunities that would provide personal growth and contribute to team’s success
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Conduct quantitative assessment to determine impact of issues for risk acceptance decisions or provide an FC lens on issues raised by other review teams.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring risks that arise through the independent reviews of models and rules.
- Advising on control and mitigation of risks identified.
- Ensure appropriate escalation of issues to relevant parties, setting and tracking clear remediation plans.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Provides structure to the project and enforces rigorous project governance
- Employ a strict change management process, to limit and control scope creep
- Ensure team’s compliance with the prevailing control processes
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Perform any ad hoc review or analysis as required by the FCC Model and Rules Committee or regulatory examinations.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Group Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance
- AML Oversight (Policy & Models/Rules)
- CDD Business and Process Owners
- CDD Technology
- FCC MI
- Group Model Validation Team
- Model Risk Policy and Governance
- Operational Risk
- CFCC RFO
- 5+ Years of experience in FCC
- Risk Management in Financial Services
- Model Risk Experience – Development / Maintenance of models/algorithms
- Understanding of banking and data flows within a bank
- Understanding of banking operations and products in different client segments
- Data Management and quant analytics in the context of developing, managing, validating risk-based approaches
- Competent user of data management / programming software (e.g. SAS, Python)
- Interpreting regulatory / policy requirements to ensure models meet relevant standards
- Good stakeholder management experience, ability to explain approaches and outputs to users as well as exposure to internal/external and op risk reviews.
- Experience in working with risk owners, ability to influence and negotiate with senior managers.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Risk Management in Financial Services
- Model Risk
- regulatory / policy requirements
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.