: Data and Analytics
: 02/Sep/2022, 4:02:41 PM
: 03/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
Responsible for Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) analytics, which will include data sourcing, data transformation, predictive modelling and creating Tableau dashboards.
- Promote an analytics culture and use of analytics as a common language across CCIB; support embedding of data science principles and development of analytical capabilities throughout network.
- Promote analytics driven decision making processes across multiple segments / product portfolios.
- Create strong blending data capabilities within team so that we can come up with useful client information from data very quickly.
- Serve as a critical partner to the business in delivering actionable insights and data / analytics-based solutions to business needs and problems.
- Help educate business on available analytics capabilities and tools.
- Engage with business stakeholders across countries and gather requirements and liaise with ETL team to get the required data preparation.
- Engage and execute the dashboards on Tableau or similar visualization tools.
- Explore statistical and automation tools like R, SAS, Python for predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Engage relevant technology teams to embed advanced statistical tools.
- Prepare and / or contribute to regular updates for various committees and governance forums.
- Provide insights to senior management and the network based on MIS and analytics.
- Highlight any perceived risk and early alerts to the management based on data analytics.
- Perform data validation and dashboard performance optimization.
People and Talent
- Lead through example; engage in peer-to-peer leadership.
- Provide effective orientation / guidance to new joiners on the bank’s policies / procedures / processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank.
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies.
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit.
- Proactively manage risks and establish / monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework.
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all IMO related processes and adherence to DOIs.
- Ensure, lead, and monitor strict adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality.
- Ensure risks are clearly identified, quantified, and escalated.
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external policies and procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Displaying exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Taking personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifying, escalating, mitigating and resolving risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Banking Operations (GBS)
- IMO Central Team and Network
- Technology / database team
- CET Hubs and other CETs
- CCIB COO teams
- Embedding Here for good and the Group’s brand and valued behaviours.
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or service related field.
- 4+ years of Experience in Finance or Services sectors
- A proven track record with 5+ years of relevant analytics work experience and demonstrated career progression / increase in responsibilities.
- Highly driven and motivated with an eager-to-learn attitude and actively seek out ways to improve processes, people, and products Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience in project management from business requirement definition, solution validation, user testing, technical documentation and production roll out.
- Experience in data commercialization – facilitating partnerships and driving buy-in / adoption from stakeholders of varying levels.
- Understanding in emerging cloud and smart technologies such as Azure, AWS, Cognitive Automation will be an added plus.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management.
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong Knowledge of Tableau or similar visualization tools.
- Knowledge of either Alteryx, SAS, R or Python.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop Database.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Understanding of the ETL process.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Business – Products and Processes
- Manage Projects
- Manager People
- Manage Risk
- Manage Change
- Manage Conduct
- Data Conversion and Reporting
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.