: 07/Sep/2022, 5:46:51 AM
: 08/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
- Review New Account Opening Documentation for completeness and validity, identify any deficiencies against the Private bank’s documentary requirements.
- Review accounts against all set internal standards for Client Due Diligence.
- Check on the quality of the Source of Wealth (SoW) if it meets all set standards for On-boarding / Trigger Events / Periodic Review.
- Review the name screenings, adverse media findings, Sanctions link, Tax red flags, etc.
- Advise the frontline if other searches are needed to supplement those already done.
- Ensure complete and accurate record keeping of all relevant communications with internal stakeholders in relation to the accounts being reviewed / processed.
- Ensure accuracy of data captured in system and Account Opening documentation.
- Advise on CDD policy and procedures and applicable local laws and regulations.
- Advise on and escalate higher risk relationships and reputation risks arising from CDD to Compliance.
- Consult with functional experts (i.e. Legal, Compliance, Tax) as needed.
- Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures.
- Leverage on expertise and train the frontline to produce high quality SOW and complete Account Opening / Periodic Review Packs to avoid rework and aid in faster turnaround time.
- Comply to agreed Turn Around Times for assigned activities as detailed in the Document Operating Instructions and the Service Level Agreements.
- Promote the spirit of continuous improvement by flagging any procedural issues that impact delivery of responsibilities with suggestions improvements and work around.
- Provide a final recommendation to proceed/not proceed on accounts submitted.
- Verify and approve the client static data update requests submitted by frontline.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Singapore CPBB Team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Support the Client Approval and Review Team in relevant assignments and projects, as required.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements relating to CDD / AML.
- 3 years of relevant experience in AML / KYC and / or client onboarding, from banking and / or financial services sector with a focus on private banking clients, including corporate.
- Compliance knowledge applicable to the Financial Services industry, including relevant professional certification on AML / CFT, e.g. ACAMS Certificate.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, with High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proactive and solution driven.
- People and service oriented.
- A team player.
- Strong Analytical skill
- Meticulous with keen eye for details
- Good interpersonal skill
- Work under tight deadline
Preferably to have experience in the followings
- KYC or Client Due Diligence
- Experience in Retail Banking space (preferably high networth)
- Experience in PEP and HNW clients
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.