App Engineer, Data Migr & App Testing
The Data Migration Application Engineer is responsible to design and develop data migration scripts based on data migration requirements and ensure data migration scripts are working to data migration specification and conformed to standards and are delivered with quality meeting timing, schedule and requirements.
The candidate should be familiar with the Data Migration processes and have sufficient Data Migration Technical skills.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan, design, test & conduct Data Migration in accordance to specifications & service level. Where relevant, perform the necessary programming & configuration.
- Manage Data migration program, scripts changes through established change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to Data Migration or Data incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
- Monitor the agreed service level (.e.g. service request, system availability),document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Plan & implement Data Migration backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Provide Data Migration systems related technical advice to customers or project team.
- Work with team lead to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
- Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality
The Ideal Candidate Should Have/Be
- Possess Oracle, PL/SQL programming knowledge. Typically 3 or more years’ experience with substantial project work in software development.
- Possess relevant system development / maintenance experience using Java, PL/SQL related technologies
- Possess initiative and disposition with a strong commitment and orientation towards results and high quality standards
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think out of the box
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and with high energy
- Customer focused
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology related field, or IT equivalent
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.