: 02/Sep/2022, 4:52:07 PM
: 03/Oct/2022, 2:59:00 AM
Client Coverage is the business area in Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) where the client relationships are maintained from. The Client Coverage Chief Operating Office is a key strategic partner in being able to design, implement, execute and manage controls of processes and systems for Client Coverage.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to support a robust governance structure across CCIB Client Coverage conduct management and the process universe.
- Awareness and understanding of the Enterprise risk management framework and good understanding of Operational risk framework.
- Maintain awareness of the wider Client Coverage business and support and understand business needs to support ensuring compliance with Policy, Procedure, and Process requirements.
- Support the management and continuous improvement of CCIB Client Coverage COO process governance structure.
- Completing data analysis for processes such as for complaints, conduct and gifts & entertainment.
- Coordinate with Control testing team to ensure tests are completed on time and reported in relevant format.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on information relating to process governance requirements
- Take on ad-hoc initiatives, including management of end to end updates and improvements for key processes in an effort to reduce risks and optimise efficiency across the value chain.
People and Talent
- Display strong communication and stakeholder management skills on a daily basis in implementation of process improvements and risk management.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure governance and coverage of key risk areas and implement the required controls.
- Ensure up to analysis and risk reporting for committees and governance forums (e.g. conduct risk reporting, audit reporting, Elevated Residual Risk Treatment Plans; Risk Score).
- Maintain a complete understanding of the risk and control environment across CCIB Client Coverage processes
- Highlight risks to management and actively monitor them to reduce the likelihood of occurrence
- Work closely with Global Process Owner Delegates and Risk & Control Heads to keep track or risks throughout the network and ensure they are appropriately escalated to the relevant governance where relevant.
- Secretariat support for relevant CCIB Client Coverage risk meetings e.g. Client Coverage Non- Financial Risk Committee, Conduct Forums
- Prepare and review suitability and quality of papers submitted and enforce high standards;
- Prepare minutes and assign and track to completion any actions agreed;
- Support the tracking of ongoing initiatives and actions, including remediations, audit management action plans, dispensations, risk reduction plans, and pilot initiatives;
- Recommend efficiencies and simplification across the Client Coverage process governance structure and client delivery to reduce duplication and ensure adequate levels of attention and responsibility to various streams of work;
- Awareness of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Client Coverage to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Process Governance Committee members
- Integrated Middle Office Execution Teams
- Global Business Services
- CCIB Network
- Global Process Owner Delegates
- Risk & Control Heads
- Second line stakeholders, including Conduct Financial Crime Compliance and Operational Risk
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Client Coverage
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- 2+ years of experience in banking / financial services
- Experience in Client Coverage processes such as Client Onboarding and maintenance, data, credit portfolio management / Operational Risk /Anti-Money Laundering / Audit / Financial Crime and Compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) including ability to analyse mid- sized spreadsheets / low complexity formulas
- Strong stakeholder interaction and report writing capability
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- High motivation and dedication to work
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgment
- Time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to ask pertinent questions in order to illicit information from stakeholder
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.