: Business Support and Management
: 08/Sep/2022, 8:35:03 AM
: 08/Oct/2022, 10:29:00 PM
- Manages the project / change using the Group’s ‘ePMO’ methodology in alignment with nWOWS and successfully delivers the scope with a disciplined approach to change control and agreed timelines.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of and providing direction within a project, working closely with the relevant Business leads and wider set of stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Responsible for ensuring Group Standards are met, including processes related to NWOW, SCM, CRA, CGC etc.
- Manages conflicts in stakeholder expectations, employee experience and good practice in process solution design across multiple workstreams.
- Understands risks, business imperatives and business context when facilitating decision making impacted by the process re-design, create solution options and make recommendations.
- Presents clear options and recommendations, facilitates decision making and enables clear understanding in key stakeholders of risks, outcomes and trade-offs.
- Participates in the discussion to build a business case for a project.
- Participates in roadmap definition for a project.
- Responsible for managing interdependencies between inflight projects.
- Understands the project lifecycle and ensures all stages of the lifecycle are managed accordingly.
- Facilitates agile ceremonies in collaboration with technology delivery scrum masters
- Supports continuous improvement and operational efficiency of processes to optimise operating model and employee experience.
- Works with the business architect and other planners to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements with the help of Product Owner.
- Ensures user stories and use cases are defined as per requirements.
- Ensures the Requirements Traceability Matrix is set up and maintained.
- Works with the Design team, Architects, and other Program team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application.
- Participates in quality management reviews, process designs, prototypes and other requirements workbooks to ensure they fulfil stakeholder’s requirements.
- Ensures the Chief Product Owner (CPO) and the relevant Governance forums are made aware of any material risks, issues, cost, benefit, and scope changes.
- Manages project financials (forecasts/ cost plans/ cost management) with PMO support. Provides timely inputs to PMO & Program Manager.
- Manages project expenditure against budget as agreed in the project business case and project definition document or approval request.
- Supports Product Owners in grooming and prioritising the product backlog.
- Assists the PMO with Post Implementation Reviews (PIRs) at Project closure.
Management tools & information
- Ensures scope, approach, solution design, timelines, costs, benefits and all other key aspects of the project are documented.
- Creates financial baselines and tracks cost actuals in a detailed budget document for submission to PMO and Finance monthly.
- Ensures all Project documents are audit ready at all times.
- Maintains Project Document Repository.
- Compiles lessons learned to contribute to process improvement.
People & Talent
- Works as a scrum master, providing leadership, role modelling and coaching to squad members to ensure their understanding of agile practices, mindset are highly engaged and performing to their potential to ensure the delivery of maximum business value through sprints.
- Promotes and embeds a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Promotes innovative thinking and self-development, is willing to try new things in the interests of improvement.
- Ensures the project team is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff to support delivery of the strategy.
- Ensures each project role / resource has clear responsibilities, reporting lines, delegated authorities and objectives.
- Manages & tracks risks, issues, impediments throughout the project life cycle and follows up through it’s resolution.
- When required appropriately escalates impediments and blockers to the PMO, Chief Product Owner (CPO), relevant Governance Forums and ensures ownership by members for the mitigating actions.
- Prepares materials for governance meetings as required including Board quality presentations.
- Ensures key person risks (BaU and project) are mitigated.
- Manages project governance through delivery of work and sprint plans, agile ceremonies and relevant Governance forums.
- Works with the CPO and PMO to establish the relevant Governance forums with detailed Terms of Reference, action logs and minuted outcomes etc.
- Provides inputs and runs relevant Governance forums together with CPO, Program Manager and PMO.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Displays exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leads to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Works with various Stakeholders, mostly at the middle management level/ with operational focus and also with Senior Stakeholders at the Executive level.
- Program Manager, Product Owners, Design Lead & Vendor teams.
- Business Teams’ members, Heads of relevant Business, relevant GPOs.
- Internal communications team, Corporate Communications team, Subject Matter Expert employees.
- Key Functional Partners: ITO, Finance, Compliance, Legal and Risk.
- Embeds Here for Good and Group’s brand and value in the project team.
- Collectively responsible for delivering efficiency and goals and targets associated with the program.
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management; prefer experience within a large international, dynamic organisation.
- Project Management accreditation – PMP/ITIL/PRINCE2/ Agile.
- Experience with managing Agile and waterfall projects.
- Experience in Organisational Change Management being an advantage.
- Experience in working within Financial Services preferable.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills including SharePoint, MS Project skills.
- Advanced skills in use of planning tools e.g. Clarity/ PlanView, Jira, Confluence, Trello.
- Project Management and/ or Agile (also may Scrum)
- Budget Management
- Effective Communications
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Vendor/Supplier Management
- Influencing Through Expertise
- Managing Change
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About Standard Chartered
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees and a presence in 60 markets, our network serves customers in close to 150 markets worldwide. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.