5G Senior Software Engineer
Date: 25 Oct 2023
At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what its like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, lets create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.
We are seeking for a hands-on full stack developer, who will be part of the software development team of the Group Enterprise platforms product house, contributing on the software development for Singtel Enterprise platform and application suite. Singtel is building a unique enterprise platform completely homegrown and in this position you will work with platforms product team, to:
- Build the enterprise platform in a completely scalable fashion that can process millions of messages concurrently.
- Contribute to designing and developing the platform in an infrastructure agnostic fashion so that the platform can work with any network backend in a plug and play fashion.
- Bring in your experience in building scalable and repeatable platforms to make every component of the platform modular by design with industry grade security.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs to expose platform features as microservices.
- Build and deploy performant modern web applications in React, Redux, Webpack, ES6, and Flow
- Architect efficient and scalable backend systems
- Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests for the platform
- Write high-quality code (Ruby on Rails, Go, Java etc) that communicates with upstream backend services via HTTP APIs
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Participate in code reviews
- In depth understanding of the whole web stack, web protocols, and web performance optimisation techniques
- In-depth understanding of web frameworks (such as Rails, Django, Spring etc)
- Proficient understanding of the HTTP protocol
- In depth knowledge of Relational, No-SQL databases, and message queues/brokers
- Understand at least one backend MVC framework – Java and Spring Boot are strongly preferred
- Build micro-services and understand different patterns to approach the designs.
- Worked on cloud platforms preferably PCF and used tools such as Docker.
- Experience in designing and delivering APIs and security models
- Excellent understanding of
- Message queue systems (Kafka)
- Monitoring and logging tools (ELK, Splunk)
- Front-end frameworks (React, Vue JS, Bootstrap, jQuery)
- Web app frameworks (Django, Drupal etc.)
- Databases and storage/caching (Postgres, MongoDB, Redis)
- Contribute to software development and associated new technology selection and adoption. Focus areas include developing API driven features on big data, machine learning, auto scaling micro-services, scalable data storage/retrieval.
- Work on architecture and software development across platform components like customer onboarding, data management, application lifecycle etc
- Participate on design of common platform functionality, and consistent, best-practice platform and application design.
- Adopt industry standard coding practises to develop the platform to ensure scalability, security and stability
- Participate on the move to a full SaaS deployment and management
- Collaborate with Business development and partnership team to develop integration adapters for third party technology and applications.
- Participate in technical partnership conversations and due diligence.
What were looking for…
You embrace failure for the learning it provides. You can inspire and motivate others to deliver your vision. You view obstacles as puzzles to be solved. You are driven by the desire to delight your ultimate client, the customer
- Java (J2EE and J2SE 1.8 or higher) and Python, additional knowledge on Scala would be advantageous
- HTML, CSS, Drupal, Bootstrap, Angular, JQuery, additional knowledge on Reactjs would be advantageos.
- Cassandra, MongoDB and Elasticsearch (At least 2). SQL databases like Postgres, MySQL
- Experience in source code management and build – GIT, Maven, Ant
- Experience in Scrum – JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in Messaging – Kafka, Any Pub/Sub library
- Experience in containerization Docker, Jenkins
- Experience in Scalable deployment Kubernetes
- Experience in Learning Libraries – MLib, DL4J, H20, Tensorflow
- Experience in Big data Platforms – Spark (Core and Streaming) or Hadoop
- Experience in File Systems HDFS
- Experience in Integration methods – REST APIs, messaging, WSDL, SDKs
- Experience in API documents – Swagger or similar
- Experience developing complex, enterprise grade, configurable, scalable software products.
- A background in systems level thinking and design. Combined with the ability to translate technical strategy and architectures into concrete, minimal viable products, with the right tradeoffs and phasing.
- Broad and deep knowledge of relevant technologies, including messaging, relational and NoSQL databases, data modelling, analytics, IoT, and interfaces. Exposure and experience with Artificial intelligence will be a plus.
- Deep understanding of the architectural principles for cloud-based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, infrastructure as code, and continuous availability.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across various cross-functional teams and groups.
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel has 140 years of operating experience and played a pivotal role in the country’s development as a major communications hub. Optus, our subsidiary in Australia, is a leader in integrated telecommunications, constantly raising the bar in innovative products and services.
We are also strategically invested in leading companies in Asia and Africa, including Bharti Airtel (India, South Asia and Africa), Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines) and Advanced Info Service (Thailand). We work closely with our associates, leveraging our scale in networks, customer reach and extensive operational experience to lead and shape the communications industry.
Together, the Group serves over 700 million mobile customers around world. Singtel is one of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation.
The Group has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and employs more than 23,000 staff worldwide.